Friday, October 30, 2009

The DC Receiver Project

Just wanted to share this little project with my Ham Radio friends, Frank, Joe, Allen, and Tim. The first photo is my messy workbench. I'd like to say that it is normally neat, clean and organized but that's not the usual case. (Mostly because I'm always building stuff or repairing sewing machines.)

Actually, what I'm trying to show is the building technique, a modified "Manhattan" process first introduced to me by Chuck Adams who started QRPL.COM years ago. (Of course, it, in one form or another, has been around and used by homebrew hams for decades.) I'm not a technical guy by any means, just an old lumberjack with a passion for ham radio. So, anyone can do this kind of building. Not all my attempted projects work, but most have so far. I just get a schematic, acquire parts, choose a starting point (which is usually the antenna jack) and place the parts one after another, giving thought to available space and branching before committing to a pad.

This receiver is pretty basic but it does the job... Hope you enjoy looking.

73 - Bill - W7WEL

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment